Saturday, June 25, 2011

On living on a normal Christian life

Howdy from Austin. :)

I've been persuaded to start blogging about my average little life as a college student. In a sentence, I've had a wonderfully semi-rough first year as an education-undeclared-nutrition major living away from home and have survived only by God's mercy and grace.  I've concluded that no matter what happens these next few years, I will endeavor to give the Lord the first place in all things and let Him take charge.

On a similar note, my friend Danielle and I recently started reading this awesome book called The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee. The title itself is catchy. I've been a Christian for most of my life, yet until now I've never considered what a "normal" Christian is (or that Christians were even "normal" in the first place). This book is breaking a lot of my concepts and simultaneously filling me in on things like why we need the Blood of Jesus and how that differs from why we need the Cross. Words like these not only constitute me with deep biblical truths but increase my love and appreciation for our wonderful Lord Jesus.

I will share more on this book some other time. In the mean time, I HIGHLY suggest you look into it and find out what God's eternal purpose is and how it relates to us. :)

4 comments:

  1. This book is awesome! I've been reading it too. I love how the author emphasizes the past tense fact that our old man has been crucified with Christ. All mentions of crucifixion in the Bible are past tense. It is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! Our old self died at Cross when the Lord died! I've never seen that til now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree this book IS awesome! I can't wait to see what's next :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. La vida cristiana normal es la vida del Hijo de Dios experimentada y expresada en nosotros. Solo El esta capacitado para vivir esta clase de vida en nosotros y por nosotros.

    ReplyDelete