Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Simsbury, Connecticut

I am on the East Coast for the next week, visiting my lovely friend and roommate, Ina. Here are a few nice things I like about her small town, Simsbury, CT.

1. The weather. I anticipated snow, but apparently Connecticut is having an unnaturally warm December. Nevertheless, I love the cold weather. Unlike the typical Texan, Conneticuters are always prepared for snowfall.

I learned that this intimidating massive contraption is a snowblower. 

2. Holiday Decor. No tangly lights or oversized blowup Santas. Just simplicity and elegance.

(The owner of the house was pulling into her driveway as I snapped this one. That was awkward.)

This is the Flower Bridge in Simsbury.

which brings me to...
3. Colonial-style Houses! So adorable but very expensive. I had a hard time choosing the top four.

(Continuing the holiday theme with TEN wreaths.)



This one has a balcony over the door!

4. Mom-and-Pop places.

Like coffee shops with a little living room and books on shelves.

Or stores that sell un-pasturized local milk.

And pizza places with yummy eggplant fries. :)

Tomorrow, I'm headed to Rhode Island!

3 comments:

  1. aww yes Simsbury is very quaint and peaceful! And I went to Joe's Pizza last time I was there! It's so yummy! Glad you are enjoying your visit! Rhode Island sounds fun too! :) Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's unusually warm here in Atlanta too. I went swimming in an outdoor pool today....on December 15. I mean, it was extremely cold but the weather in general is awesome this year. #EastCoastMagic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle - I saw your grandparents' house!

    Chris - Swimming?! That's awesome! Also, I didn't know Atlanta was considered East Coast.

    ReplyDelete